Ask any weight loss expert about how to lose weight and first thing they will tell you is that you need to be on calorie deficit.
Okay I get it. But how?
We’ll.. if you observe closely, during our day we consume so many things that look small but are packed with calories.
For example, orange juice, soda and canned juice etc. These things work silently against or fitness goals and without us even realising.
Drink More water they say. Water is boring I say. But what if you can improvise a bit and make your regular water taste good and reap the benefits of staying hydrated?
That’d be cool.
I bring you Lemon+Mint Infused Detox Water.
How will it help me in weight loss?
Here is the list of reasons why it can help you with your weight loss goals –
- Lemons are very low in calorie. If you squeeze out lemon juice from one lemon water, it only contains 12 calories(Source).
- Compare it to a cup of orange juice that has more than 200 calories, what do I tell you about your favourite soda.(Source). You get the idea.
- Since you’d be drinking at least 300ml water that will help you stay hydrated.
- Next ingredient Mint, will help you with your gut health an and provide with you a very rich profile of nutrients and is also contains very less calories.
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon Water
- 3-4 slices of lemon
- 4-5 Leaves of Fresh Mint
- Water (Warm if you like it that way)
- Ice cubes(Optional)
- Squeeze 1 tablespoon lemon juice and add it your mason jar.
- Cut one lemon into 2-3 slices and add it your jar
- Add your mint leaves to it.
- Add warm water if you like it warm or you can add ice cubes if you like otherwise.
You can refill the water and reuse 2-3 times before you discard lime and mint leaves. After 2nd use I like squeez mint and lime into the water and then drink it.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 8Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 11mgCarbohydrates: 3gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 0g