When I was a child, I was very prone to cold and congestion. My grandmother used to make this amazing fire cider for all of us.
Every winter fire cider was a must in family.
If have kids and elder ones at home, you definitely want to keep some fire cider at hand this winter season.
Fire cider lives up to its name, tastes good and has amazing medicinal value.
It will warm your system and decongest your sinuses very effectively.
In my opinion, It works better than any other remedy when it comes to cleaning your sinus.
It is very simple to make. So let’s get started.
- Glass Jar with tight lid
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced horseradish (peeled or not peeled)
- 1/4 cup of thinly sliced ginger
- 1 head of peeled and chopped garlic
- 1 chopped oninion
- 1/8th teaspoon cayenne
- Apple cider vinegar
- Honey (to taste)
- Add sliced horseradish into the jar
- Add ginger into the jar
- Add garlic into the jar
- Add onion into the jar
- Add cayenne
- Fill the the jar with apple cider vinegar until its about 1 or two inch above rest of the ingredients
- Cap the jar and let it sit for about 4 to 6 weeks. Put it in cool and dry place, you dont need to refrigerate it.
- Add a date label on the jar so you will know when you need to strain it.
- Once it is ready, simply strain out all the ingredients, reserving the vinegar, that’s the medicinal part.
- Add honey according to your taste
Horseradish works amazing when it comes to clearing sinus. Garlic is most loved wintertime remedy in many households.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 100 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 2Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 3mgCarbohydrates: 1gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 0g
How to use fire cider?
At the first sign of cold, you want to take teaspoon each hour and you want to do that for first couple of days.
Just make sure that you start using it as soon as your start feeling unpleasant.
Some people wait until things get worse.
If you have been others who are sick, use it as preventative.
You can also use it as salad dressing. Just take one part vinegar and three parts olive oil. Shake or whisk and put that in your salad.