These easy to make and nutritious and homemade grain crackers make excellent snack for your afternoon hunger cravings. Give them a try and let me know in the comments, how it went.
- 1 Cup Spelt/Gluten free/All Purpose Flour.
- 70g milled flaxseed/lineseed
- 3-4 Tablespoons Butter
- 75g Mixed powdered seeds. (Sesame, chia, amarnath, hemp)
- Add butter, flaxseeds, flour and butter in your food processor. You have to pulse until mixture forms breadcrumbs. Add about 5-6 tablespoon coldwater into the mixture and pulse again.
- Transfer the mixture into the bowl and add seeds. Roll the dough to form a ball. Refrigerate for 20-25 minutes. Preheat your oven to 190°C (375°F).
- Divide your dough in two parts and place each one between two sheets of baking parchment paper. Use rolling pin to form thin layer of the dough. If you want to make your crackers a bit more crispier, make sure to keep the layer as thin as possible.
- Remove the parchment paper from top.
- Cut your dough into your favorite shape using a pastry cutter or sharp knife.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper to taste and transfer the crackers into baking sheet with parchment.
- Bake in the pre-heated oven for roughly about 20 minutes (+-5 mins to adjust the crispiness)
Once cooked your crackers will be golden brown and firm when cooked. Let them cool and on baking sheets. Store in an airtight container and they should last for about 2 weeks.