Homemade Chamomile lotion For Sensitive Skin
- 7 ounces of distilled water
- 1 ounce of coconut oil
- 1 ounce of olive oil
- 2 ounces of beeswax (you can also replace this with candelilla wax, Carnuba wax, and Bayberry wax)
- 1 teaspoon of vitamin e oil
- 1 teaspoon of shea butter
- 20 drops of chamomile essential oil
You must be thinking that a whole lot of ingredients. I agree, but trust me your beautiful skin will thank you everytime you apply this homemade natural lotion on your skin. Let’s discuss the directions first and then we’ll dive into why it works so well.
- Combine distilled water and vitamin E oil in a mixing bowl.
- Take a double boiler and mix beeswax, butter and oil and stir consistently over a low flame (if you don’t have a double boiler, you can make yourself one in no time. take a look at the picture below)
- Add this mixture from the last step into a food processor and mix it for 5-7 minutes and let it cool for about half an hour.
- By this time your lotion will become creamy, now you can add chamomile essential oil and mix it well.
- Wait for 15 minutes and you have a 100% homemade natural lotion ready for you. You can now transfer this into a dispenser or glass bottle.
- The shelf life of this lotion is about 20 days, but I always make quantity that lasts about 15 days for my family(5 members in the family)
Why does it work?
The chamomile essential oil in this lotion works as an anti-inflammatory agent by treating mucous membranes of skin and kills the bacteria, making your skin healthy.
Beeswax, when mixed with olive oil, is beneficial for many conditions caused by sensitive skin, here is the study proving this fact.
Shea butter is widely regarded as one of the advanced skin care products. Apart from that, it contains a substance called triterpenes, it speeds up that repair process of the sensitive skin caused by harsh winters. It is also abundant in other anti-oxidants and anti-inflammatory properties(triterpenes, tocopherol, phenols, and sterol).
Now last but not the least, Vitamin E Oil: Protects from the damage caused to the skin by solar radiation. Needless to say, that it is an important ingredient in the modern cosmetic industry.
That’s all guys, I hope you liked the article, please let me know in comments if you have any questions or suggestions.