Dark circles and wrinkles are most common problem that many people face. There are variety of things that triggers this harsh and unapologetic change in our skin. It could be stress, ageing or lifestyle.
But we are fortunate to be alive in an era where dermatologists have had huge success in solving such problems. Today, we have so many products available in the market that actually does what the label says. We just have to make smart choice and not choose the ones that does nothing but cost you money.
In this blog post I’ve a tried my best to Jot down the products and home remedies that I’ve collected over the years using the advice of experienced dermatologists and elders. I will also talk about preventive measures to make sure that these ugly looking deep wrinkles never show up again on your skin.
1. AHA Lotions
AHA stands for alpha hydroxy acid, aka glycolic acid, these are acids extracted from fruits and plants. Most people love these creams because these can be used to scrub the skin with causing any irritation, unlike scrubs.
These acids works by rapidly producing collagen, that prevents wrinkles and dark circles under your eyes. Using AHA accelerates exfoliation and cell renewal, which makes your skin look fresh.
How to use AHA Lotions?
- Before going to bed:
- Wash your face with lukewarm water.
- Take pea sized cream in your index finger
- Massage in circular motion under your eyes
- Make sure that cream does not finds its way in your eyes.
Using this cream for about 4 weeks will yield you youthful and wrinkle free skin under your eyes.
Best Alpha Hydroxy Acid Lotions and creams
But.. there is one little secret for these lotions to work at their best, curious?
Use Glycolic face wash with them.
2. Collagen Serum
As we age, collagen production decreases in your skin. As a result, wrinkles, dark circles and fine cracks start showing up. Specially under our eyes. Including collagen serum in your daily skin care routine will renew your skin and protect it from further damage.
How to use collagen Serum?
- Clean your face with cleanser (Or scrub if it’s your scrub day)
- Take a small drop in your palm (These serums are in highly concentrated form, so make sure to use in very small quantity.)
- Use your index finger to rub it under your eyes.
Best Collagen Serums?
The first one is a pair of both lotion and serum.
3. Under Eye Peeling Treatment
In my opinion this is the best way to get rid of your dark circles and wrinkles. This method uses mild chemical peeling.
In following video Dr. Julie describes how it is done.
For super amazing results, minimum 6 sitting are required with an interval of 10 days between each.
I could suggest few ready to use products from Amazon, but I would suggest you should visit an expert to get the treatment.
5. Orange Oil
Orange oil has ample amount of Vitamin C, which repairs damaged cells and prevent further aging.
How to use Orange oil for dark circles?
Add half teaspoon of almond oil with 5 drops orange oil, mix well and massage around your face in circular motion. It will drastically reduce dark circles under your eyes.
For best results use this method for at least 30 days.
It is important to use therapeutic grade oil. I use Artizen sweet Orange oil because this is the best and comes at a reasonable price.
6. Collagen Masks
Collagen mask will make your skin look more youthful by tightening it. Collage is one of the key component that prevents aging signs from our skin. You can go to any cosmetic clinic near your house. However, these masks give superb results when used with laser.
laser helps by revitalizing cells underneath our skin and these masks, having 95% collagen provides necessary nutrients to your skin.
Yes I am not kidding. Yoga can help too. Doing yoga will strengthen muscles around your eyes. It will also help you maintain good elasticity and prevent sagging. Including yoga in daily routine will also prove beneficial for your eyesight.
How to use yoga for dark circles?
- Keep your neck straight
- Turn your eyes up-down 5-7 times
- And then, move them clockwise and anti-clockwise 8-10 times.
- Rub your palms together until they feel warm enough
- Cover your eyes with your palms.
- To some this may sound silly, give it a shot for 15 days and thank me later.
8. Home Remedies For Dark Circles and Wrinkles
As we age, dryness is what causes wrinkles and fine lines to our skin. But thanks to time tested home remedies, passed on from grannies and nannies are at our disposal.
I am sharing home remedies that I found to be most effective.
- Lukewarm milk – 4 tbsp
- Breadcrumbs – 1 tbsp
- Almond Oil – 1 teaspoon
- Aloe Vera Extract or gel – 1/2 teaspoon
- Two small pieces of cheese cloth – 3×3 inch would do
- Add breadcrumbs to the milk and let them inflate for 10 minutes
- Add almond oil and aloe vera extract to the mixture and mix well until it forms a thick paste
- Distribute equal amount of paste in both cheese cloths and wrap the cloths and let them sit on your eyes for 15 minutes.
- Do this thrice a week for 5 weeks and you will see amazing results.
Apart from that here are two quick remedies for busy day:
- Apply grated cucumber on your eyes and leave it there for 5-7 minutes and wash your face.
- Dip cotton balls in potato juice and rub around your eyes.
Now Let’s talk about few preventative measure that you can take to avoid having dark circles and wrinkles in the first place.
Balanced Diet For Healthier Skin
They say, your skin is very loud about what you eat. Any food that we eat shows it’s effect on your skin very quickly, hence it is very important that we eat right to slow down the aging.
Just make sure that you eat enough of these:
- Omega Fatty Acids
- Foods That are rich in Vitamin A, C, and E
Her are few examples:
- Flax seeds
The list can be huge. Google is always at your disposal.
- Wash your face with rose water twice a week
- Use Triphala Powder to clean your eyes
- Wear sunglasses when exposed to The Sun
- Use Umbrella if you are not a fan of sunglasses
- If your job demands you to work on screens than make sure you use anti-glare glasses. These will significantly reduce the chances of having dark circles and will also prevent those headaches we have, after long day of work. I use Blue Light Blocking Glasses.
- Sleep 7 to 8 hours a day
- Rub your palms together and put them on your eyes. It will improve blood circulation.
So, that about it. Do you have any remedies inherited from your grandmother? I’d love to have them. Please share them in the comment box.