Cellulite can be taxing but believe me when I say this, it is absolutely normal to have it because 90% of the women, irrespective of their shape or size, go through this problem. And no, it isn’t always because of your diet or lifestyle that cellulite occurs, but there are several other reasons why your skin starts showing dimpling.
Before we delve further into best cellulite creams, let’s do a quick recap as to what exactly cellulite is. When the fibrous bands in the skin reach the muscles and start pulling it downwards, the skin starts losing its elasticity, making it weak and that’s when the cellulite starts to show. The bulging skin starts showing more with age and it is often seen in areas where fat makes its home, basically, stomach, hips, thighs etc.
To be honest, there are no magical products out there that will cure cellulite. Dr Manish Shah, a board-certified plastic surgeon claims that since cellulite is a complex structure, it is quite difficult to treat it topically. So what do you do exactly? No matter how much we say that having bulging skin is natural and normal, it can gradually become onerous and that’s the last thing you want.
Now, depending upon what your goal is, Dr Nussbaum says that the creams available in the market can stop the bloating of tissues and smoothen the outer layer of the skin but there’s hardly any evidence that shows these cream can permanently reduce the damage.
But, you are lucky, since there are a couple of cellulite creams that minimize the appearance with promising ingredients that can make your skin look firm.
These creams contain caffeine that reduces the size of fat cells. Furthermore, ingredients such as peptides and amino acids are also said to be quite helpful when it comes to cellulite problems.
I did all the groundwork, in case you are looking at buying these creams. All of these will at least help smoothen your skin and make it firmer, if not take it away forever. Little efforts can go a long way, right?
In this article, I am going to review following cellulite creams
- Body Merry Cellulite Defense Cream
- Paula's Choice Skin-Smoothing Retinol Body Treatment
- Hot Cream By Blue Finger
- Sit Tight 4D Firming & Smoothing Body Serum
- SOL DE JANEIRO Brazilian Bum Bum Cream 240ml
- Weleda Cellulite Body Oil
- Elemis Body Toning Program
- InstaNatural Crepe Firming Cream
- Nivea Skin Firming & Toning Gel Cream
- Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula Firming Butter
- Clarins Body Fit Anti-Cellulite Contouring Expert
Here our review of best cellulite creams you can buy in 2020
1. Body Merry Cellulite Defense Cream
Leave it up to Body merry’s defense cream and you will notice how this wondrous cream delivers what it promises. If you have been dreaming of fitting in those jeans, you have always wanted to but couldn’t only because of cellulite issues (which I do not find a problem in) then you need to consider the magical spirit of Body Merry’s cream. This one is made in seaweed, retinol and cayenne ingredients and this formulation coupled with caffeine starts working around the affected areas. The essence of peppermint oil-infused in this one makes the soaking of the cream in your skin fast. Try it out.
- The blend of retinol, seaweed and caffeine have proven to be beneficial for cellulite.
- The product has a powerful moisturizing quotient.
- It is cruelty-free
- There are no chemicals included in this product.
- The cooling sensation due to the inclusion of menthol can be irritating for some people.]
2. Paula’s Choice Skin-Smoothing Retinol Body Treatment
Retinol is good for acne-prone skin but let me also tell you that Paula’s choice cream, which has this ingredient infused in it, is a perfect move even for the cellulite problem. One study has shown that this cream reduces the elasticity of the skin by 10.5% and boosts firmness, also improving the look and texture of the skin. Additionally, the cream is paired with more plant butter and oils, making it an ideal choice for your skin.
- The formulation helps with protecting your skin and has moisturizing ingredients in it.
- The product includes vitamin E and C
- It is more expensive than other products.
3. Hot Cream By Blue Finger
Touted as one of the most prominent creams in the market, this one with its ingredients, fused with Witch hazel, grapeseed oil and few more, tightens the skin with time. The formula has been used for more than 30 years and a trial of this cream showed 75% of people experienced a reduction in cellulite show on their bodies in 12 weeks time. Also, the cream is wont dig a hole in your pocket.
- Clinically approved product that showed great results.
- Ingredients in this cream are inherently considered great for your skin
- The marks reduce with time.
4. Sit Tight 4D Firming & Smoothing Body Serum (Not available on Amazon)
The name in itself gives a good idea as to what this amazing product can do. If cellulite has been causing deterioration in your confidence level or self-esteem, this cream will uplift your personality with its goodness. Just take this cream and use it on the affected areas and you will notice how it starts working, stat. The burning sensation it gives might be too much for sensitive skin, so beware of that. Besides that, use this one for two weeks and you will its firming effect.
- Comes in sleek packaging.
- The formula warms up fast.
- The results are amazing as it does tighten the skin.
- Does not work on excessive cellulite.
5. Brazilian Bum Bum Cream
While the name is funny, the way it works on your body isn’t. It delivers what it says, without a shadow of a doubt. This cream has been raved by many people and the formula infused in it, paired with coconut oil, butter and caffeine with rich guarana, helps in blood circulation, further giving you hydrated skin with a smooth and firming effect. This is what you need to add to your list, girls!
- It absorbs quickly in the kin.
- If you have uneven skin texture, this cream is it for you.
- It has a very light fragrance.
- The formula contains a little glitter which might not be appreciated.
6. Weleda Cellulite Body Oil
Give this body oil a try and notice how your body starts feeling light after using it. This Weleda product is made with ingredients like birch leaves and Ruscus and these plant extracts are then combined with jojoba, grapefruit etc together to treat the issue. For a blissful experience, massage this oil on the affected areas and have a super relaxing time. Again, this one also doesn’t guarantee 100% results, but it is worth a shot!
- It is made with natural ingredients.
- No synthetic fragrances added.
- The formula is non-sticky.
- You can check the results in 2 weeks.
- It is pricey and it comes in a small bottle.
- The smell can be strange to some people.
- Can cause a little itchiness.
7. Elemis Body Toning Cellulite Program
Daily brushing is also as important as toning your body and it can work in your favour to minimize the effect of dimpling. This whole set of cream and brush is your best bet to stimulate circulation in the body. The method helps in settling the excess fluid, rather than turning your skin into cellulite.
Follow dry brushing with the help of the brush added in this set. Do this pre-shower and once you try done, use the magical cream that blends like a dream on your skin.
- The 2 step approach works on cellulite issues.
- The cream exfoliates the skin quite well.
- Detoxifies your skin.
8. InstaNatural Crepe Firming Cream
Known for its ideal firming technique, this cream by InstaNatural is lauded for its immense power of caffeine that delivers the right results. This one is also touted as a hydrating cream, infused with hyaluronic acid. When you want to eliminate cellulite and also want to tone and firm your skin, this cream stands out.
- It includes caffeine and collagen and helps improve skin’s elasticity.
- It is cruelty-free
- It does not have mineral oil in it.
- It has a strong scent.
9. Nivea Skin Firming & Toning Gel Cream
The most inexpensive and favourite drugstore product of ours, Nivea is not just known for the great moisturisers and creams it offers, but it also gets brownie points as it helps to give you firm skin. The lightweight formula of this one, thanks to its powerful ingredients like L-carnitine, will make you feel refreshed. The formula absorbs in the skin faster, giving you required results and all this just at $7. There’s no harm in trying this one.
- The formula is lightweight.
- It has a pleasant fragrance.
- It reduces stretch marks efficiently.
10. Palmer’s Cocoa Butter Formula Firming Butter
Here’s another affordable product in the market. Palmer’s product has star ingredients that firm the skin. The rich ingredients infused in this one, Vitamin E and cocoa help in keeping soft and supple. Add to that, it is said that this cream has helped several customers deal with stretch marks. Love how this product does double duty!
- It has a good moisturizing effect.
- It helps firm the skin.
- The cream gets absorbed quickly.
- The smell can be strange for some.
11 Clarins Body Fit Anti-Cellulite Contouring Expert
Just as the name suggests, this product by Clarins, calls itself an expert when it comes to dealing with cellulite. This cream is the best thing that can happen to you since it is infused with the formula of eight plants that work to keep your cellulite under control. Use this post-shower on your thighs and legs to experience its benefits.
- It efficiently reduces cellulite and also hydrates your skin.
- It is non-greasy and quick.
- It is suitable for all skin types.
- It is relatively pricey.
- Contains alcohol and menthol in it, which can irritate the skin.
As for me, the winning product that takes the award is Weleda Birch Cellulite Body Oil, 3.4 Fluid Ounce, Plant Rich Body Oil with Birch, Rosemary and Jojoba Oils . Irony, isn’t it? An oil winning the competition of best cellulite creams!! But trust me, the formula of this oil absorbs really well into the skin and this product literally took over the internet.
The formula is further spiked with other ingredients that leave the skin happy and also improves the overall texture.
The company behind this product has rich history of almost 100 years and that puts a lot of weight when measuring trustability.
This is a completely cruelty free product which has never been tested on animals. Moreover, there aren’t any harmful chemicals and synthetic preservatives.
To get great results, here are some ways in which you can use the creams/oils/serums/lotions.
- Exfoliation with the help of dry brushing is a must before you start applying your cream. Ensure that your skin is ready. Skin will absorb the cream better in a bit warm temperature.
- Using this cream to massage your skin is what will make it smoother. Put a good amount of pressure so it can get absorbed well into the skin.
- These creams, when used twice a day for at least a few weeks, will show the possible results.
- Combine these creams with some sort of exercises for added results.
In the end, all I want to say is all shapes and sizes are beautiful and nothing about cellulite is wrong. But, still, if you are really ardent on getting rid of it, there are ways you can do it and combining these creams with other remedies and exercises, will certainly give you the results you wanted. For it’s all about the confidence in the end, right?